Total time: 35 minutes
This one’s really simple, easy, and tasty!
What you need:
- ¼ cup KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing*
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips, or bite-sized pieces, whichever you prefer
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 4oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) Neufchatel Cheese, cubed (it’s essentially just low fat cream cheese)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- 1 large tomato, chopped (or you can use cherry tomatoes cut into halves, which is what I prefer)
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
HEAT dressing in Dutch oven or large deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in broth; bring to boil. Add rice; stir. Return to boil; cover. Simmer on medium heat 5 min.
ADD Neufchatel; cook 2 to 3 min. or until melted, stirring frequently. Add spinach. (Pan will be full.) Cook, covered, 1 min. or until spinach is wilted. Stir gently to mix in spinach.
REMOVE pan from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 min. Stir in tomatoes; top with Parmesan.
*Note: You can really use any type of dressing that you would think is tasty. Once I was out of salad dressing all together so I used Buffalo wing sauce, and it turned out great.