Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Marinate time: 8 minutes
- 4 pork chops (you can use boneless or boned, but thicker ones are better)
- 3 limes
- 1/c cup of caned coconut milk
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 4 scallions, minced for garnish
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced for garnish (optional)
- Marinate the pork in the juice of one lime while you prepare a medium hot fire (5-8 minutes). If you don’t have a grill, or it’s too cold outside to grill (like it always is in Buffalo), then simply pan fry it, use a George Foreman, or bake them.
- Grill the chops about 6-8 minutes on each side, until they’re cooked all the way through.
- Warm the coconut milk over low heat; season with salt and a pinch of cayenne.
- Add the juice from the second lime to the sauce.
- Transfer the chops to plates and spoon the sauce over them.
- Garnish with scallions and cilantro, sprinkling the juice from the last lime over everything.
- Serve with rice and remaining sauce.
This is a really easy recipe, and surprisingly had a lot of taste. I wish I had a picture to post, but I was hungry the night we made these, and I ate it all before I even thought about getting out the camera!