If you’re in need of a quick recipe to make for supper, this is it! Very easy, and both times I’ve made it, people have loved it.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Tortilla Chips, plus additional for serving
- 1 Tbs Chili Oil (or olive oil and red pepper flakes)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 pound Ground meat (we’ve used chicken once, and also venison
- One packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Black Beans, drained
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheese
- Optional: Other toppings such as jalepenios, olives, etc.
Heat oven to 350.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and sautee until soft. Add meat and taco seasoning. Cook, breaking up meat with a spatula, for about 5 minutes. Add beans and salsa. Mix well and continue to cook until salsa thickens.
Line the bottom of a large baking dish with tortilla chips, pressing down on them lightly to break them into bite-sized pieces. Spread the meat and bean mixture over the chips and top with cheese. Add sliced jalepenos or other toppings that you want to be cooked. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and gooey.
Scoop up with additional chips if desired.
Original recipe from healthy-delicious.com