I’ve had a lot of homework lately, so naturally I’ve spent a lot of time at my desk thinking…about all of my favorite TV shows. So, I’ve compiled a few lists below of some of my favorite shows that I’ve watched throughout the years (and I’m even going to include a couple of guilty pleasures). Each of the titles in the lists is a link; you can click on it and it will take you to a webpage about the show, in case you’ve forgotten that the show even existed, or if it’s just one you’ve never heard of before.
I’ve tried to rank them in order of how much I love them, but that’s kind of hard sometimes. The #1 in each section was easy, but once you get to #3 and below, it’s a little wishy-washy. We’ll just say it’s a rough draft. Okay, so here we go:
My Favorite Shows From When I Was A Kid (aka 90’s Shows):
- Rocko’s Modern Life
- Doug (Nickelodeon’s version; take that Disney crap outta here!)
- All That
- Are You Afraid of the Dark?
- Legends of the Hidden Temple
- Salute Your Shorts
- The Secret World of Alex Mack
- The Adventures of Pete & Pete
* I’ve actually already thought of one that I had forgotten (so it gets its own picture). And I’m not sure how I forgot it, because I know that everyday as kids my brother and I rushed off the school bus so that we wouldn’t miss it; I’m also sure that we had every single action figure from the series, and went as one of them for every halloween:
The Mighty Morhpin Power Rangers! (The original, please. None of that time-traveling space ninjas nonsense. How can you even have Power Rangers without Rita?!)
Also, I keep every single ticket stub for the movies that I see. The oldest one that I have is from the Power Rangers Movie. When I scanned it, it made it hard to see, but it’s from July 6, 1995. Price = $3.50.
Favorite TV Shows That I’ve Watched All Of, Except the Last/Latest Season (I’ve got to catch up!):
- The Sopranos
- Brothers & Sisters (you can never have too much Sally Field)
- The Big Bang Theory
- How I Met Your Mother
- Harry’s Law (A sassy Cathy Bates…with a pistol? I believe I will…)
- The Big C
- Gilmore Girls (guilty pleasure; I have no excuse)
My Favorite Shows That I’ve Seen Every Episode Of:
- Everybody Loves Raymond
- The Golden Girls (yes, I know that this makes me a 65 year old woman.)
- LOST (even though a season or two there in the middle got a little iffy)
- Will & Grace
- Reba (another guilty pleasure – and say what you will, but Barbara Jean is hilarious)
So, tell me: What do you think? What are your favorite shows? Do you love some of the ones I’ve posted? Hate them? Better yet, do you have any to recommend to me?